The Original Blue Horse Hand-Painted
- Shipping time ~ 10 weeks
- Royal Delft authorized retailer
- Comes with certificate of authenticity
- Handcrafted in Netherlands
- WINTER SALE - Save 5% over $100. Use code WINTER5. Hurry! Ends 12/12.
The horse features subtle Delft Blue decoration and is a true collector’s item.
- Hand painted with a Delft Blue decoration by Royal Delft painters
- Size: 8.27 x 4.33 x 6.10" / 21 × 11 × 15.5 cm
- Color: Delfts Blauw
- Handmade in Netherlands
- From the The Original Blue Collection
About Royal Delft's Craftsmanship
Royal Delft has been creating high-quality Delft Blue since 1653. The craft of painting is at the core of the company, although other decoration techniques have been developed over the years to create high-end earthenware. Carry on reading to discover the two different techniques that Royal Delft uses to this very day to make unique blue and white objects.
The origin and core of Royal Delft is the hand painting of high-quality Delft Blue pottery. Decorating starts with applying the contours with charcoal, after which the panel painters shape the details freehand with special brushes made of marten and squirrel hair. The paint is water-based and color nuances are created by mixing the paint less or more with water. The Delft Blue décor is painted with a paint that for the most part consists of cobalt oxide according to age-old recipes. Due to chemical reactions during the baking process, it changes color – hidden under the glaze – in a black-painted pattern to blue.
NOTE: This is a made to order item. FINAL SALE. NO RETURN.
- Made in Netherlands