Max Bill


Max Bill’s (1908-1994) graphic design rivals his fame as a sculptor and architect. His commitment to a new modern identity led him to found the School of Design in Ulm, often called the post-war Bauhaus School, and to work on several Swiss pavilions for Venice Biennale and national and world expositions, all of which created a progressive international image for his native country.

The Max, Binia + Jakob Bill Foundation supervised the commercial production of rugs based on the graphic art of Max Bill.