Modular Table Lamp 551
- Free shipping over $75
- Authorized Retailer. Authenticity Guaranteed.
Curt Fischer. Design Year: 1920's
Articulating, positionable table lamp providing direct illumination of work surface with satisfying bakelite switch on shade.
The shade is spun from aluminum, either brushed or powder-coated; the stem and base are powder coated steel. All parts are hand assembled into each light in Germany.
DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
- Materials: Powder-coated aluminum shade; powder-coated steel frame; fabric covered cord.
- Product Dimensions: 1st arm 23.5”; 2nd arm 19.5”; base: 11.8"Ø.
- Customizable Options: Five shade options ranging in diameter from 6.2" - 8.4". Arm lengths ranging from 7.9" to 23.6" and we are able to provide arm length outside the defined standards upon request with a surcharge. Joint metal and paint color options, base style options and custom RAL color options also available for a surcharge.
- Light Source: Socket E26; 60 watt max. Bulb not included.
- 60" black fabric cord
- For indoor use only
Dust with soft dry cloth or wipe with damp cloth using water only and drying thoroughly. Always switch off electricity supply before cleaning.
Winner of the German Sustainability Award in Design 2021, the Ayno Collection features minimalistic construction enabling extremely low resource consumption during production. The first design of Midgard since the 1950s, Ayno is testing the boundaries between the origin and status quo of adjustable lighting.
The early 20th century inventor and designer Curt Fischer spent time researching ways in which he might be able to improve the light quality in his town's factories during the 19-teens. Upon visiting and speaking with the workers, it was discovered that the downward-casting overhead lighting created shadows on their work surfaces. And so the first articulating lamp was designed and patented. Used on the wall or desktop, this adjustable lamp even allows for an optional asymmetrical rotatable shade to block direct light from the user's eye.
After nearly 100 years surviving war and depression, Midgard was purchased and brought back to life in 2014 by long time collector David Einsiedler and his partner Joke Rasch. Using the exact tooling and machines from the original factory and staying true to the designs and materials used decades before, Midgard is now a reputable supplier of lighting for homes as well as many large corporations who wish to outfit their offices with quality, functional and well designed lighting.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75. Flat rate $7.95 standard shipping arrives within 3 to 7 business days unless otherwise indicated on the product page.
We accept return for most items within 14 days from the day of delivery. The following items are final sale & non-refundable: Sale & Clearance, Fixtures, Furniture, all "Beauty" items, and used items.