Claude Debussy, inspired by Balinese music at the 1896 Paris Exposition, began composing with this atonal scale, used for example in his piece "La Mer". Later, television's original Star Trek used it in the "beaming up" sequences. TV and film scores frequently feature it for underwater scenes, dream and "flashback" sequences.
|Size (Voice)||Tubing Diameter||Overall Length||Weight||Listen|
- Handcrafted and precision-tuned to A440 (standard orchestral pitch)
- Tubing made with tempered aluminum alloy that will never rust
- Tubing coated with a sleek black corrosion protective finish that provides durability in all kinds of outdoor environments
- Heavy gauge polished stainless steel rings provide sturdy support and enduring beauty
- Touch UV stabilized synthetic braid cordage is highly resistant to abrasion, ultra-violet degradation, rot and mildew
- Solid UV stabilized polyethylene clappers provide superior tonal quality and outdoor durability
- The windcatcher, of the same finish and material as the tubes, is the ideal size, weight, and shape for optimal chime performance in 8 - 10 mph wind velocity
- Made in USA handcrafted in Austin, TX.